Friday 26 October 2012

Bugger - I lost the data on the poll

a regretful admission by Quercus

So apparently when you fill in a stop date for those Blogger-based 'quizzes', like the one I had on whether or not as an ACoN you had chosen to go no contact or not, the quiz ends, and the data just disappears.

(If anyone knows where I can find it, let me know! I think it evaporated into the ether!).

Here's the 'rough' data that I'm remembering from the last time I checked the score - there were ABOUT 19 ACoNs who had gone "No Contact" with the FOO, ABOUT 17 ACoNs who were "Low Contact", 3-5ish ACoNs who still lived with their FOO, and 1-2ish loving supporters of an ACoN who voted on The ACoN Society.

I was really, really looking forward to doing some nerdy calculations and statistics on that, so I've really shot myself in the foot. Lesson learned. Sorry if anyone else is as disappointed as I am. Grrr.

What does this sort of tell us (again, really pissed about the lack of data retention!)? It tells us that, very roughly, there's an almost equal number of ACoNs who went No Contact to those who chose Low Contact. And that some of us, whom the rest of us should remember in our prayers, are still stuck living with their FOOs for the time being.

That's the rough, rough estimate of The ACoN Society's readership!

Can you help other ACoNs? Yes! I would very much like to read an article written by a younger person still living with their NFOO. You are welcome to have it posted here if you don't want to do so elsewhere.

Coming soon - a BETTER survey that actually retains data!


Meanwhile, this is for Vicarious Rising and Jessie regarding our conversation on the last post (comment threads) - a look at my internal 'dashboard' in dealing with the  FOO!

Zero patience, reading 100% BS and off the chart on Apathy? Welcome to the turning point in your relationship with your narcissistic parents and family of origin. It's GO time!

7 comments:

  1. Loved the image! Welcome to the next step.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias! Doesn't feel great to be here, but happy I am. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Those are awesome. Makes me wish I could stick it on my car for fun.

    Bummer about the poll. I think it could be enlightening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was REALLY annoyed! It just vanished! Lesson learned!

      Delete
  3. Can you do the same poll again? Or does that make the results less accurate somehow? I enjoy taking and reading polls, so it's disappointing that this one disappeared! I'm not at all tech savvy though, I didn't even know you could do polls on blogger until you started doing them (which, once you get the kinks sorted out, are a really awesome aspect of the society here.)

    Hugs,

    Jonsi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jonsi,
      I've put together a Survey Monkey quiz that has the same question as #1 - I wanted legit data! :-)

      Delete
    2. I just took it. I didn't get to answer too many questions because they didn't apply to me, but it was fun reading them and I hope everybody participates. Think of the all the data! :)

      Delete